PRIVACY NOTICE STRETTON LAKES
- This Privacy Notice is issued in accordance with the EU General Data Protection regulation and Data Protection 2018. It covers all data processing activity by Stretton Lakes
2) Data Controller
- The data controllers for Stretton Lakes are Rachel and Rowland Needham
3) Why are we processing your data?
- If you have placed an enquiry with us (either directly to us, via our website, email, telephone or via a third party), we will process your data to enable us to answer your enquiry.
- If a booking is placed with us, your data is processed to enable us to fulfil the contract. Your data will be used routinely and in case of emergency.
- If you have given us specific consent for us to email special offers and newsletters.
4) What data will we process?
The data we will process will include all or some of the following:
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
- Name of lead guest on booking
- How you heard about us
- Social Media used
- If you provide further information relevant to your booking (e.g. Anniversary)
- Method of payment
- Any further details relevant to your booking
5) Who will have access to this data?
- The data controllers will have full access to the data. Housekeeping staff have access to names of guests and any specific requirements related to your booking
- All staff with access to data will sign a code of conduct.
6) Who else will have access to the data?
- We do not pass your data on to any third party
7) Where will the data be held?
Your data will be processed and stored in the following manner:
- By the data controllers on their own office computers. We use computers that are kept up to date with the latest IOS updates.
- Using Supercontrol our online booking system (they are both a processor and data collector and fully compliant with GDPR regulation).
- Using Sage, our online payments package.
- Using Paypal (only where this has been used as a payment option). In physical (paper copies) in our office at our registered address.
8) Security of your data:
- All physical data (paper copies) are stored in our secured office. The archive data is stored with the data controllers having access to the key this is only accessed as required. Physical data that is currently ‘in use’ is stored in a cupboard when the office is closed.
- All data which is stored digitally is password protected and only accessed by the data controllers
- No card payment information is stored on the premises.
9) How long will we retain the data for?
- All data relating to a booking placed with Stretton Lakes will be retained for 6 yrs +1 in order to comply with HMRC.
- All data relating to an availability enquiry will be held for one year from date of enquiry.
- All data relating to our mail out list (Name and email address) for which specific consent has been given to receive our special offer and newsletters will be retained until you ask to be removed from receiving this information
10) What is the legal basis for processing your data?
- We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. Our legal basis is under Article 6 (1) (a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- We consider your consent to be given when an enquiry/booking is sent/placed to us via our website, email or telephone.
- We ask for specific consent to receive our special offers and newsletters.
11) Your Rights:
- You have the right to opt out of our mailing list at any time by contacting us through the details below, or by clicking the ‘opt out’ link which is included in our marketing emails. Should you have any questions relating to your data protection rights please contact either of the data controllers Rachel or Rowland Needham at Stretton Lakes, Stretton Lodge, Clipsham Road, Stretton Oakham Rutland LE15 7QS or via email email@example.com or call 01780410507.