Stretton Lakes is situated between the villages of Stretton and Clipsham on Clipsham road, 1.5 miles from the A1, at junction B668.
We have 4 coarse fishing lakes onsite. All accessed from the main entrance road. All the lakes are open to the public, on a day ticket basis. lakes fees are charged at £6.00 one rod – £1.00 extra rod, concessions £4.00. Fishing on all lakes is free of charge to lodge residents.
All pegs are accessible by car; cars are permitted to park alongside pegs during the summer months. (grass banks). Winter gravel car parks provided on the match lake to the right of drive, and on the left of drive, giving access to the Lily pad lake, Middle lake and Top lake, from the car parks access to pegs is on foot only. From the car parks the initial pegs are within 10 metres.
Toilet facilities are provided at the edge of the car park on the left of the main entrance to the Lily pad lake. This facility is central to the fishery. Gravel path access with a small step up of 2 inches.
Some of our pegs have a small gradient leading down to the waters edge; Pegs are level with the waters edge.
For further information on the lakes please contact us.
- On arrival all guests are permitted to go straight to their lodge, keys are in the doors.
- There is a guest information pack, along with welcome pack in the lodges.
- Guests receive a personal welcome from Mr and Mrs Needham on the arrival day.
- The main access road to the lodges leads off from the main farm drive. This Tarmac / gravel private road is solely used for guests residents, and runs around the rear of the lodges. The driveway is 400cm wide leading to the lodges. There are lights on sensors at the rear of lodges to aid access, during the evenings.
- We have provided ample parking outside each lodge with space for 2 cars.
- We have provided two access points to the lodges the main entrance is at the side of the lodge and one at the front.
- From the car parked area there is a small step of 10cm onto the decking area which is level to the side entrance door, and round to the lounge patio doors.
- Entrance at the front of each lodge is accessible from the car park over grass, there are 3 steps each 19cm in height on to the level decking area here there are double patio doors directly into the lounge.
- All Lodges are on one level, there is a small threshold of one inch on entry to the Cabin and Patio doors. All Bedroom floors have carpets. The lounge / kitchen area have wooden flooring in all lodges. There are thresholds all entrance door ways to bedrooms and bathrooms of 2.5cm.
- The hall ways are 100cm wide.
The lodges have ample lighting, in all areas to ensure good visibility and safety within the lodges. We have put up security lighting outside each access point to offer good visibility at night. These have independent switches in the lodges as well as sensors on the lights.
All measurements for lodges – Bluebell, Snowdrop, Primrose.
- Door widths throughout the buildings are: 75cm
- Light switch height: 98cm
- Bed Heights from floor: 60cm
- Master Bed: 60 cm Distance around master bed:80cm
Single Beds: 50cm Distance between single beds:55cm
- Shower tray on entry to shower: 22cm
- Space within shower 78cm x 78cm, handle situated below shower head for support 110cm from shower floor.
- Toilet height:42cm Sink height: 80cm
- Width of entrance door: 69cm
- Sink & toilet specifications same as above
- Bath tub height from floor: 53cm Shower height within bath tub 105cm from base
- The baths have support handles attached to either side of bath tub for extra support.
- All baths have non slip surface)
Living & Dining Area
- The lounge is situated at the far end of the corridor and accesses the outside decking area.
- The lighting in the bedroom and lounge area, are on dimmer switches.
- Dining room table height: 78cm
- kitchen worktops, including sink. Height from floor: 92cm
- Highest storage shelf. Height from floor: 175cm
- Kitchen width: 150cm
Outside Decking Area
The decking area runs down the side of the lodge Width at smallest point in 93cm, adjacent to the parking areas, following through to the front of the lodge, where there is an outdoor seating / dining area. The width of the front decking is 250cm.
On the decking is your outdoor hot tub, this is positioned to the right hand side of the lodge. (same side as the entrance door. There are two steps into the hot tub. The highest step into the hot tub is 55cm and the lowest 15cm. The hot tub cover is supported by a cover bar this is provided to aide the user in lifting the cover.
Poppy Lodge is our luxury one bedroom lodge designed exclusively for only one couple.
Access & entrance to Poppy lodge is by two routes positioned to side of the lodge next to the parking space; the first is up three steps each 18cm in height. The second is up a gradual 480cm slope.
Both lead up to the main door entrance (78cm wide). The corridor leads left to the main lounge / diner and right to the only bedroom. The smallest width in the corridor is 75cm.
- Dimensions of bedroom = 4.6m x 6.8m
- Thresholds at each door way of 2.5cm. The door width is 75cm
- Bed Height: 54cm
- Dresser Height: 75cm Width of hole: 55cm
- Bath Tub: 50 cm from floor, edges form as good support handles on either side
- Dimensions of Bathroom = 3.9m x 2.5m
- Toilet seat: 45cm from ground
- Sinks: 80cm from ground
- Entrance over 16cm step – Control panel 152cm
- Entrance:10cm lip, Diagonal dimension:125
- Remote controlled from bed side
Kitchen / Dining room
- Dining Table height: 78cm
- Width in kitchen: 2.2mx 4.3m
- Worktop & Sink: 90cm
- Higher level cupboards: 140cm
- Hot tub 50cm from decking (deepest seat 55cm)
- Outdoor table height: 72cm
We endeavour at Stretton Lakes to ensure that our site and each individual property is accessible to all able & disabled guests and is constantly being reviewed and improved as we grow and move forward.
We all hope you enjoy your stay.
Please contact Stretton Lakes for any further information